Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun Filled Friend Week-end

Friends from Juneau and friends from Washington all were here this week-end. That meant a lot of fishing and crabbing. The first day we brought in a limit of halibut (14!) That's a whole lot of fish to clean and wrap. I think the last of the crab has just finished cooking, we'll be shelling those for a while, good thing a lot of them will be going back to Juneau. I think we are all tired, but a good tired, it's always so much fun when we get together, the week-end went by way too fast.

We got so many crab, we ate until we couldn't hold any more!
That week-end was so much fun, time went way too fast, but we got a ton a halibuts and lotsa crabs. Yum YUM!
This is "Aflack", she comes back every year to the marina and every year she looses all of her babies to Eagles, mink, and other predators. This picture was taken last week-end, I saw her today and she had no babies left.........poor Aflack.
I love the "girls" week-ends, and I love my girls!!!! I can't wait until our next one!

2 comments:

BS HONEY said...

"WHAT AN ADVENTURE WE ARE HAVING", I can only imagine. You show us such beauty through your camera lens.

Today, I would be very happy to be with y'all, down town temp. is 105 degree. Plus we've had no rain for weeks and weeks. Although we water the lawn, there are patches of grass that just crunch under your feet when walked on. Yet, our little town is beautiful. Have you ever visited Mississippi? Friendliest place ever. This will surely get many people who would beg to differ.

Margie said...

Thanks for the nice comments, I'm glad you enjoy my very amateur photos! We've never been to Mississippi, but we have people fishing with us that were from there, and we had a great time with them! But 105! We won't come in the summertime!