Monday, October 20, 2008

I Wish it would SNOW!

At least then it wouldn't be raining! We got up around 6am today, looked outside, same dreary, wet, yuck it's been for weeks. I told Frank this weather is going to make someone shoot someone, then headed back to bed for a couple more hours. I intended on staying in bed all day, but my stomach wouldn't let me. I don't know if it's worse for me because I know I will be out of here in a couple of weeks, or it's just really worse. We had a break from the "showers" so took a walk up to the store, was going to stop at the nearest store, but it was closed, weird, the hours posted, it should have been open. So we walked farther up to the other store. On the way back the "closed" store had police tape across the door. Someone else let the rain get to him, he decided to shoot himself in their store, not sure what the message was there. We don't know who he was, or even his name, but in this small town he is probably related to almost everyone else. Just sad. Then it started raining again before we could get home.

On a different note, Frank took a drive out the road to see what he could see the other day, no deer. It's bucks only again this year, our deer population still hasn't recovered from our severe winter 2 years ago. He did get a couple of fall pictures:
Fall Fireweed


And some other kind of weed.....

1 comment:

Ceres said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Margie! Yes, keeping a food diary at all times really is the best solution. I think that part of me just didn't want to be food-and-drink-accountable on that weekend, I guess :-) Oh well, I'm back to my daily routine and weight tracking now! Good luck and have a safe trip!