Sunday, November 2, 2008

So Long Hoonah!

It seemed like Oct. 31st would never get here! But the van is loaded and we are in Juneau now waiting until tomorrow night to get on the Matanuska to head to Bellingham. We are staying with Jacque and Peter while in Juneau. They treat us so good! They had a Halloween party Friday when we got in, it was so good to see everyone, but I didn't get the camera out to take pictures, I should have there was some good costumes.
I drove the van on onto the LeConte, Frank backed Jerry's van and boat on. It used to be pretty intimidating driving onto the ferry and backing into a lane, but now it's not so bad. I would never be able to back a trailer in there though, I get nervous just riding in the truck when Frank has to back anything onto the ferry. The LeConte is a lot smaller ferry then the one we'll be taking to Bellingham.
Hoonah as we are leaving from the top deck of the LeConte, for some reason I don't think I will get homesick!My new best friend! Tequila, Jacque and Petes dog, a Poodle even! Wow, I never thought I would be friends with a poodle! She's a good girl though, they've taught her very good house manners. She's very smart, so I guess I'm not going to be able to call dumb dogs "poodle brain" anymore.........

No comments: